Saturday, March 03, 2007

Sand Art












So I wanted to share something amazing with you. There is an emerging form of art that involves the manipulation of sand on a lighted surface. You may have seen it in action in the new Quest commercials that are out. I first saw it last August at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit, and then I just saw it again this week at Willow's Student Ministries Conference (which was great, by the way), both times done by Willow's resident sand artist Mark Demel. This is one of the most amazing art forms I have ever seen. This link will take you to where you can watch the video. You won't be disappointed. You can also find this sort of thing on youtube, but without the Christian message in the art, it loses something. Anyway, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Mark Demel's sand art is so powerful, so moving, that I gasped and wept as I viewed this video in church on Easter Sunday. What a blessing to have people of faith share their enormous talents and gifts with the Church!