Friday, July 27, 2007

Ink on the Brain


So I am seriously thinking about getting a tattoo. So much so that I went and talked to the guy at the tattoo place about it. I have already decided what I would get and where. the image you see above is the Japanese symbol for "Justice". Why Justice? Because I feel like God is placing a lifelong call on me to help stop injustice wherever it is happening. Why Japanese? Well, I have a lot of respect for the Samurai and the whole honor code that they lived by. In addition, Japanese symbols are just plain cool.

There is still about a 40% chance I will chicken out. I want a buddy of mine to go and get one at the same time for moral support. I have thought a lot about it and have checked the reasons I want to do it over. I'm not doing it for attention. I'd actually rather not explain why I got it too tons of people, but I will because I want to make a statement about what I feel God is calling me to do. I'm not doing it to rebel, because tattoos are not that rebellious any more. It is something I want to do. Lets see if I go through with it.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: